Things I love about Unschooling:
- I love being able to sleep as late as I want and stay up as late as I want. I really think I'm actually a nocturnal creature. Getting up early just feels wrong.
- I love waking up know that there is absolutely nothing I have to do that day. It's why I love Saturdays. I actually had a conversation with my dad about this not long ago. I told him how I love the freedom and peace of unplanned days, I love waking up knowing I can do whatever I want that day. And he said that he hates waking up not knowing what he is going to do that day. He likes to have his day all planned out.
- I really enjoy being able to play with the kids all day and not worrying about their math scores.
- I love the time. Time to scrapbook, time to garden and blog, to live life instead of teaching how to live it. I always feel like I'm waiting. Waiting to start school, waiting to do reading lesson, waiting to finish school, waiting for bedtime.
Things I love about traditional homeschool:
- I really love that the kids are learning things that I feel are important, things like math and grammar.
- I love the curriculum that we are using.
- I love doing group work with the kids, I love the conversations it leads to.
- I really, really like that they are learning better behavior.
- I love the sense of accomplishment they get from mastering something they had struggled with.
- I love the peace I feel knowing that they are learning what they need to know.
- I love that my home is more peaceful.
If you found this post interesting or helpful , please share it!