A blog about homeschooling, frugal living, books and life. Grab a cup of coffee and stay awhile!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My kids are so easily amused

A little neighbor girl and her mom came over the other day to invite the kids to church. The little girl is very sweet, she comes over and plays with Lacey and Lily sometimes. I have only met her mom a few times but I really like her. I would love for them to come to church. So they invited us to church (the little girl rides a bus to the church, the rest of the family doesn't go). I figured why not? It is a good way for us to meet some new people in town and I thought maybe Ashley would like the youth group, meet some new friends. Toni (the mom) picked us up and drove us to the church. Then she decided not to stay so I told her we would just ride the bus back with Meadow (little girl). She offered to come back and pick us up but I knew the kids would get a kick out of riding the bus. Lacey and Kyle were so excited! O the class was fun and there was a bunch of kids, but all that was nothing compared to the fact that they were going to get to ride a bus! So after class we all filed on the bus with about 40 other screaming, yelling kids. I don't think I have been on a bus since I was 12 or 13.  Ahh... the memories. Lacey sat with Meadow and she looked so small. I thought no way I could put her on the bus by herself. Kyle and Lily sat with another little girl behind them and Me and Ash sat across the aisle. Even Ashley hadn't ever ridden a bus before. Of course she was considerably less impressed than the little ones. And boy were they impressed!  Once we got home they kept telling me thank you and talking about the ride. Lacey informed me she was going to ride the bus every week with Meadow. Yep. Easily amused.

No comments: