A blog about homeschooling, frugal living, books and life. Grab a cup of coffee and stay awhile!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Frugal Friday-Update

Whew! This has not been a great week! Shane got another pay cut, several people were laid off at his job and his hours were cut as well! We are trying so hard to stay on budget and get out of debt so this is really aggravating and frustrating  I'm glad that we have our budget in place, this pay was really tight but everything was paid. I had to really tighten up our grocery budget so I bought another 10 pound bag of chicken and got 5 meals out of it! Plus I have an almost endless supply of eggs, so we are eating a lot of eggs lately, egg salad, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, and omelets. I'm getting about a quart of milk a day from Mandy so all this is helping our grocery budget. I know everything will work out but, I'm glad we are pretty much done with Christmas. I spend a lot of time looking for ways to lower our bills, I cancelled our family text plan so that saved us $30 a month and I cancelled Lily's Pre-K which saved us $15 a month. That's really all I could think to cut. I know I could get a job (maybe I could?) but I don't want to have to do that right now. I have some clothes and books I'm going to try to sell on eBay. I gotta say this though, We went to an animal auction yesterday and i seriously almost bought a horse! They sold a pretty little brown mare for $20!!! And sold her baby for $10!!! That is crazy ridiculous and it was all I could do not to buy them! Afterwards though I thought I should of gone ahead and got them I'm pretty sure I could of sold them on Craigslist for a profit. Anyway that's my report this week, hopefully next week will be better.  If anyone has any ideas how to live a little more frugal please let me know.

If you found this post interesting or helpful , please share it!

No comments: