A blog about homeschooling, frugal living, books and life. Grab a cup of coffee and stay awhile!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pecans! Pecans! Pecans!

We are over loaded with pecans! Me and the kids went to my sisters house and picked up about 5 1/2 gallons of pecans. Now I gotta figure out what to do with them all. I thought I would shell them and freeze them but after shelling pecans for 3 hours I had less than 4 cups of pecans and that was me, Shane and Kyle shelling them! I really want to put a bunch in the freezer but man I'll be shelling pecans for the next 9 months at this rate. I read a suggestion that said to boil them for about 15 minutes before you shell them and that did seem to go faster. So if ANYONE knows a better way please, please let me know. It seems a shame to let them go to waste. I read that you could freeze them unshelled, I may end up doing that. Next year I want to buy a pecan sheller!

If you found this post interesting or helpful , please share it!

No comments: